How To Factory Reset Locked iPhone
If you’ve forgotten password or Apple ID that is associated with your iPhone and your device is locked, you might be wondering how you can perform a factory reset in order to get access to it again. Just keep in mind that all the content and information stored on your iPhone will be erased during the reset process, so make sure that you have backed up your data before you begin.
Step By Step Guide To Factory Reset a Locked iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to your computer – make sure you use the original USB cable that came with your device. Alternatively, you can also connect your iPhone to another power source using the original charger.
- Open iTunes – it should recognize the iPhone that’s connected and display a prompt asking for either the Apple ID or the passcode. Since you can’t remember Passcode, click on the ‘’Forgot Password’’ or ‘’Forgot Apple ID’’ option to reset it.
- Click on ‘Device’ and then choose Summary.
- Choose the ‘Restore iPhone’ option. This should erase all data and content stored on your device and reset your iPhone back to its original factory settings.
Additional Tips For Completing Factory Reset on Locked iPhone
- Make sure of your intentions before you begin the reset process. Once you start it, it can’t be undone and all your data will be lost.
- This factory reset method doesn’t always work. If it doesn’t get the job done, try resetting your iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode.
- After the reset has finished, your iPhone will be just like it was when you purchased it, meaning that you will have to set it up as if it was a new device.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you were able to manage to successfully complete a factory reset on your locked iPhone. If you have any other questions or need additional help, please feel free to contact Apple support for assistance.
What is the best way to Factory Reset a Locked iPhone?
The best way to factory reset a locked iPhone is to use iTunes or iCloud. To use iTunes, connect the iPhone to a Mac or Windows computer and open iTunes. Select the device in the menu bar, and then select “Restore iPhone” in the Summary window.
Alternatively, you can use iCloud. Simply go to icloud.com on a computer or any other device, sign in with your Apple ID and password, select the device you’d like to reset, then click “Erase iPhone”. Your iPhone will then be reset to factory settings.
Will I be able to recover lost data after a Factory Reset on a Locked iPhone?
No, you cannot recover lost data after a factory reset on any phone. It is not possible to obtain information from a device after it has gone through a factory reset. It is also impossible to recover data from a locked phone. All data will be erased during a factory reset, and the phone will be returned to its factory default settings.
What should I do to ensure the data on my Locked iPhone is backed up before a Factory Reset?
To ensure data on a Locked iPhone is backed up before a Factory Reset, you should use either iTunes or iCloud to back up your device. To back up your iPhone to iTunes, connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. Then, select “Back Up Now” under the “Summary” tab. To back up your iPhone to iCloud, open the “Settings” app, tap your name at the top, tap “iCloud” and then select “iCloud Backup”. Finally, tap “Back Up Now” to begin the backup process.
What is the difference between a Hard Reset and a Factory Reset on an iPhone?
A Hard Reset is a restart of the device that completely shuts down the device, erasing all data stored within the device’s memory. This can be done if the device is unresponsive or frozen and needs to be reset.
A Factory Reset restores the device to its original factory settings and wipes out all data, applications, and settings stored on the device. This can be done to reset the device if it stops functioning properly or if it has been infected by a virus.